Sunday, August 16, 2009

Summer fun

Tonight ends what was a great summer weekend and really represents what I love most about summer. Hot weather, beach, friends and good food! Friday night, Tim and I ate at Neptune Oyster, a tiny restaurant in the North End that got Best of Boston for something or other this year and I wanted to check it out. While we had to wait about 45 minutes or maybe an hour for two seats at the bar, it was definitely worth it. The hostess/waitress totally had her hands full--while she must have wanted to smack some of the annoying people who kept coming back saying "I know you said you would call me when our table was ready, but I wanted to check how much longer" (ok, full disclosure, I did it too but nicely), she kept her cool. Anyway, it was great and I recommend the lobster roll which Tim got. There was some fisherman festival in the North End so it was packed with locals and tourists. A great night.

Moving on to Saturday, the girls and I went to what may be the biggest hidden gem in Massachusetts. $5 for beach parking, a beautiful beach and not many people: who needs the Cape? I usually don't frollick in the ocean because I have this weird thing about being able to see my feet and an aversion to seaweed (could be from when I got stung by a man o' war in Florida when I was little but that's another story), but I went in the ocean three times. There were some huge waves and despite getting knocked around a bit, it was so fun. We then hung out in Newburyport (which it turns out I had been to once before), ate, shopped (why pay 50 cents for a lollipop when you can get them for free at the bank?), and ate some more. It was one of those special summer days that make the summer so great and that I will remember come January and it's freezing outside.

While things are definitely going to be changing soon, it was a great semi-end to the summer. Thank you, ladies!

Had another great day on Sunday with a trip to Kittery, Maine. Highlight: Chauncey Creek Lobster Pier. Nothing beats lobster rolls and corn on the cob. It's BYOB so people come with wine, beer, salads, table cloths, watermelon--everything actually. So fun! I want to go back with Tim. I would even go next week!

Weekend's over and now I'm looking forward to Tim getting home to hear about his adventures in NJ, and watch Entourage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Meter