Friday, August 7, 2009

Random thoughts for today


First off, the curling iron was sort of a fiasco and didn't creat the frizz free, perfectly formed curls that I envisioned a la my hair guru Julianna Margulies. For some reason the part that I twisted around the curling iron became all straight and I just had a weird curl at the bottom. Not a great look in case you thought otherwise. I have not given up yet though and will try again before returning it to Target or storing it in the depths of the closet with my hair straightener, various gels, sprays and mouse, headbands that hurt my head too much to wear them and other products that I thought would change my life.


So, on to other equally pressing matters. Movies. Last night during So I Think You Can Dance, I saw the preview for the new Fame remake and while I typically don't believe in remakes, I loved the original and the tv show with my new favorite lady Debbie Allen and I think I will see it. It got me thinking to other favorite movies and I realized that I may have odd tastes. Sure, I liked the John Hughes moves (that is very sad btw), but they don't rank as my favorites. Here are some of my favorite hidden classics (in no particular order as they say on Dancing with the Stars):




  • Cousins--Besides me and Mel, I'm not sure who has seen this movie with Ted Danson and Isabella Rosalini that came out in 1989. While I haven't seen it in quite a few years, it was so good! I love this movie.



  • Doc Hollywood--Tim actually agrees with me that this is a good one and will watch it when it's on, but not sure if he loves it as much as I do.


  • The Fugitive--Dr. Kimble, find the man with the one arm! This may be my favorite "thriller" movies of all times.

  • Footloose--I'm not sure sure how the new one will hold up against the classic. I will definitely watch it whever it is on. In a sidenote, I think this is the movie that Mel when she was little asked my mom what a virgin is.
  • Forgetting Sarah Marshall--I watched this again last night--the "unedited" version. Still good the third time around.

I feel like I'm missing a movie so stay tuned for updates. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. You're right-- mom said, "I'll tell you in the parking lot." I'm pretty sure I told Daphne the answer the next day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha. I didn't know I had your family to thank for enlightening me. I vaguely remember my own mother trying to explain it while I was singing along to Madonna's "Like a Virgin." I'm going out to rent "Cousins" now.

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Meter