Sunday, August 30, 2009

Piper part deux


As I write this, Piper is sleeping in the bathroom. She's not even on the rug but curled up in the corner between the sink and bathtub. And, I'm on the comfy couch. Also, for the past three mornings, she hasn't eaten all her food. Piper LOVES food and would always gobble it up--well, she once went through a brief period for about two weeks where she didn't like her food and would look at me as if saying: "What the heck is this?" I had to buy doggie gravy to mix in her dry food and that seemed to work.

So on Friday night, she left one piece of kibble (not crazy about that word but can't think of how else to describe it) which I thought was funny. Then yesterday, she left about a quarter of the food in her bowl and then again this morning, she left about the same amount. I think she may be on the Adele Feldman diet. This was a friend of my grandmother's who would say that you should only eat half of the food on your plate so you don't gain weight.

I hope Pipe comes out of her funk. I took Piper out for a walk in her orange monogrammed raincoat yesterday. She looked so cute!

5 comments:

  1. I think Piper is trying to tell you who is boss.

    I've slept on the bathroom floor before. Sometimes there is nothing quite like the coldness of a tile floor on your cheek. Especially when your head is just inches from the toilet bowl. Mm....so calming and refreshing.

    Has Piper been drinking?

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's where she sleeps??? in the corner??? what an odd duck. i hope you find her tags b/f the dog catcher finds her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Lauren, how's Piper doing? I've been thinking about her ever since you wrote that she was leaving food.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is eating again, thank goodness. Maybe she was trying to tell me that she doesn't appreciate that I bought her reduced calorie dog food! She is still sleeping in the bathroom however!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sure that's what she was telling you. Isn't it bad enough that she has to eat dog food?

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Meter