Tuesday, July 28, 2009

While I've been gone

I'm finally back to the blogging world. While I could blame it on being too busy with the wedding and being in Tahiti, that is only part of it. As my (few) faithful readers will attest, I stopped blogging way before the wedding. Well, I'm back and this time, I promise to post more regularly.

First things first, the wedding was great--best wedding I've ever been too if I can say so myself. While the weather didn't cooporate 100%, it all worked out fine and everyone seemed to have a great time. While the DJ was still missing a tooth, I think he did a great job. And, best of all, I'm married!

Tahiti was beautiful and despite a brief snafu where our luggage missed our flight from LA (we were reunited later that night), everything was great. A few things I discovered while I was away:

-Tim does not believe in sharing a toothbrush, even in an emergency situation. Note: while I'm not a toothbrush sharing proponent, I would do it if necessary. Run it under some water and it's clean in my book. Luckily, I was able to procure one from the hotel along with the smallest, cutest tube of Crest I have ever seen so crisis averted. Lesson learned: always pack your toothbrush and other essentials in your carry on bag.

-While snorkeling is fun, give me a pool and I'm all set. Maybe it's because I wear contacts and the mask is never 100 percent airtight, or the breathing thingy, but snorkeling takes a lot of work.

-I'm very good at doing nothing. Give me a beach chair, a pool and a good book, I can lounge for hours.

-Pigeons belong in the sky or on the ground, not on a dinner plate.

-If you are every in Tahiti in 20-30 years, you may find me as the proprieter of Mrs. Toot's Treats scooping up frozen yogurt--something that was lacking in all of Tahiti--or at one of my outposts of Mrs. Toot's Nails, bringing the beauty of manicures to the island. I will direct people to Mr. Toot's Trinkets, where Tim can sell you t-shirts and most importantly, snow globes, something else lacking on the island.

1 comment:

  1. What?? He doesn't like to share a toothbrush? I think it is kinda romantic to share once in a while. Not all the time but when someone doesn't have one. It's kinda cute. Sharing a shower is even better.

    I'm glad you are back on the blog wagon. I've missed you!

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Meter