Thursday, July 30, 2009

So You Think You Can Prance (or wear nighttime underpants)

I discovered a marvelous (a word that my grandmother would use and that I'm trying to bring back into vogue) new show this summer--So You Think You Can Dance. Besides secretly wishing I was the host--Cat Deeley, the dancers are amazing, although I could do without the screeching of Mary Murphy.

What really is the most fun though is the dinner and tv-viewing parties. Stacey (of Clean, Green and Mean infamy), Lisa (of the yet to be published I Hate You and Other Thoughts) and Mel (no blog) and I have gotten together for the past few Wednesday nights to watch and critique the dancers. There is something to be said for mindless tv watching, gabbing with the gals (another word I like that I picked up from a midwestern gal I met in Tahiti) and bonding over food. I learned some interesting tidbits like how a certain someone keeps her cat's whiskers that have fallen out in a plastic baggie and that Piper is like the Ghost Whisperer. She is a bit like me in that she takes a while to warm up to people and show her true self, but last night, she was snuggling with Stacey and laying her head on Stacey's belly. She knew that a little baby (or maybe she thought a puppy) was on the way. so cute!

I hope we continue these Wednesday night dinners and here's to Evan and Melissa getting voted off tonight. While I find Evan homely and a bit pasty, I don't want terrible things to happen to him like some people...And, I'm looking forward to having an addition to our get togethers for the Fall season!

3 comments:

  1. We must continue our Wednesday night dinners! Don't forget, solo routines next week. Get your groove on, woman.

    PS. I am not the whisker keeper. Nor do I let my cat lick my clam chowder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope, Stace, you are just planning on eating your own placenta!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you think Citizens Bank will store the u-chord?

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Meter